Wednesday, January 2, 2008

WELCOME!!!

Hallo from Wilna:
Hi there to all the SCRAP ECT attendees. I know the event is still 4 months away but I am sure you know how fast time flies and before we know it we will be packing our bags full with excitement and anticipation! I created this blog just for you! I hope that you will save it under your favorites and visit it often and see what kind of homework you got! One thing I promise you, the "homework" you will be getting will excite and inspire you and make you feel like creating! The actual project will be a BIG SURPRISE until the event. Of course you need something to count the sleeps for! But as I am a firm believer in finishing up stuff on the spot, I would love if you can have all your requirements ready for my class on the spot so that the moment we start working in the class you will be able to finish your designs and walk out of my class feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment. And then after the weekend you will be able to have something that you can show your family!!

Time line:
This month I will be spending time finalizing the workshop. You will be amazed how much time and effort goes into a class like this. (not just for me but all your teachers). It's easy to design something on paper but the working out of it to get everything from the sponsors is a little more ... umm... complicated. Once I finalized the project, I have to do some instructions and a zillion things along with that. So, what I actually want to say is that sometime during this month I will be posting some things here. One will be your PICTURES. I will detail it out for you and show you examples of exactly what you should bring to class. And then journaling: Yes, I mentioned the unmentionable. But believe me, you can do it and with my specific instructions even the most I-am-afraid-of-journaling person will come to love it.

Surprises:
I want to get to know you. So, I decided that I am going to do a few RAKS on this blog that I will bring with me and give to you in person at the event. All you need to do is leave me a comment. a) you can introduce yourself, b) ask questions (remember there is no such thing as a stupid question. The question you have the guts to ask is the one that 20 others didn't want to ask!) or c) tell me stuff.
I will see how it will work out in the end, but I really want some participation! Do you have any idea how scary it is for me teaching 500 girls I don't even know???
ALL the comments on every post will count towards the RAKS. Ain't that GREAT?

Current challenge:
I have a little challenge on my blog at the moment that I want to encourage you to participate in if you want. (if you don't I won't scratch your name from my list) Again for me it's a way to get to know ya'll a little better!! It's totally independent from the event!

What a mouth full!! are you getting excited? I know I am.
Love and a kiss
Wilna
x

85 comments:

Amy Nabors said...

oh am i the first one to leave a comment? i'm amy nabors or my screen name is amykiane on the Scrap, etc and scrapinstyle message boards. i'm looking forward to your class and meeting you. thank you so much for all the inspiration you share on your blog!

Tricia Wilson said...

So excited to see what you've got in store! How many sleeps???????

Kristi said...

I am so excited to get homework for the first time ever! Thank you for reminding me to be totally excited about this event.
Kristi

Tiffany said...

Loove the Blog! Can't wait to do the page challenge. I'll see you in Nashville.
Tiffany Haller in WA
ScrapTiffany.typepad.com

Kath W said...

Yippee! I'm getting more & more exciting and can't wait to see what you all have in store for us.

LOL,looking forward to learning how to buy a donkey.

Cori said...

So looking forward to getting to know you :)
See ya in Nashville!

Cori

Unknown said...

i want to have a completed project, so i will (try to) finish all the homework!! now, to do that, i will need to (start! and) finish the homework for the other classes as well!!! eek! do you have a countdown on your page? that might be a fun thing to add! see you in april!

IS said...

I'm Irene from New York City and my friend, Sue and I can't wait to attend your class. See you there!

rhonda said...

I have always wanted a donkey! I am very excited about the Event. My mother and sister that are not scrappers are coming with me to tour while I am in class. So I will be getting a lot of inspiration in while also getting some family time in. Thanks for the inspiration. See you soon!

Andi said...

I am excited to learn more about your class and actually can't wait to see what the homework is.

Jennie said...

I'm getting so excited. There are 7 of us coming and can't wait. What homework??? Just kidding. I need to get to work on that. Can I use the excuse my dog ate my homework?? No, this homework is fun. Can't wait.

Karen C said...

Hi, I'm Karen Clauson. I'm coming from Houston, Texas. I'm really excited about Scrap Etc. Can Not Wait!

Heatherbell said...

Can't wait to see what you have in store for April! heather

Anonymous said...

4 months seems like forever...I am so anxious!! I am really looking forward to meeting you...and taking a class from you!! Bring on the homework! See ya in April :-)

Susan in NY said...

Hi Wilna,
I am very excited about ScrapEtc and your class. But I'm a little worried about the donkey. I am flying to Nashville on Southwest airlines...will I have to buy him an extra seat or can I hold him on my lap? LOL

Linh C. said...

Hello, I'm Linh from Hoover, AL. I live just down the road from Scrap Etc. The 2008 event will be my second big scrap event ever and it sounds like it will be even better than the 2007 event, which was so great, I can't believe anything can top it!

Amber said...

Hello! I'm Amber Vongsamphanh and I live in the middle TN area. I'm really looking forward to April!

Jessica Turner said...

Hey Wilna - Between Scrap Etc. and SIS TV, I feel like I know you. :) I can't wait to finally meet in person. - Jessica Turner

Tammy said...

so looking forward to this convention - first time to Scrap Etc. I am excited about the homework and your class.

Jamie Payne said...

Hi Wilna! My name is Jamie and I'm from Tyrone, Georgia. I am so excited to attend the Event! I missed the last one because I was 9months pregnant and no one trusted me to not go into labor:) I've been really enjoying all of the homework so look forward to seeing what you have planned for us.

Just call me "B" said...

Hey, Wilna!

Pretty excited about all you have to offer for the Event!

I am Brittney "just call me b" and I will be running crazy in the on-site store, and maybe popping in for a second in your class (hopefully!)

Looking forward to the homework................and even the journaling!

Jennifer G. said...

I am so excited. Can't wait to see what you and everyone else has in store for us.

Debi said...

Hi Wilna, Now that the holidays are over, I am definitely going to take some time getting into the spirit of this event. You sound like such a fun teacher and I appreciate your dedication to this class. I'm really looking forward to seeing this project!!

teacherlynn said...

Hi- I'm a retired teacher (after 38 years).

Lucky me!! I have two grandbabies to scrap.

Am attending my first ScrapEtc. Event with my favorite daughter-in-law (well-my only daughter in-law but still my favorite LOL)

Creatvleah said...

I love your enthusiasm! I am really excited about your project being a surprise, it will allow us to focus on our photo composition and journaling sentiments independent of thinking about how they will "fit" for a project...I can't wait! Darn...I have to!

tina said...

Hi! I'm Tina. My screen name on SIS & SE is tinacloer. I absolutely LOVE your work and can't wait to have you teach me something good. :)

Jeanne Ann said...

Hi, my name is Jeanne Ann and is live in Kentucky. This is my first Scrap Etc event and I am so looking forward to it. I have been trying to be good and get the homework done (it's started just not caught totally up). Living on a farm I already have a donkey that I will be glad to let you sell for me. Actually, Rick is a No Deposit, No Return type of donkey.

Can't wait to meet you.

Say Something said...

Hi Wilna! With the turning of the new year, I am getting excited again about the event! Can't wait and will be looking forward to checking the blog to see what is cooking.
Thanks!
Jennifer

mmullenix said...

Whoo hoooo! 4 months and counting. My name is Michelle, and I will be there w/ my girls from GA. Can't wait! I took MM album track in Atlanta, and their products rock!

mmullenix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MKMichigan said...

Hi,

My name is Mary Mitchell and I live in Battle Creek, Michigan. I have been scrapbooking for about 4 years. I have never been to ScrapEtc and can't wait to get to Nashville so we can get started on our projects. I think this blog is great because it also gives attendees the chance to get to know you better too !!! We are going to be just one big happy family in April.

MKMichigan said...

Ok....I have a question. How do you add a picture to your blog comments?

I'd post a pic of myself....but I don't know how to do it. I don't see a space anywhere to add an attachment

Gloria said...

Hi, Wilna!

My name is Gloria and I'm from Texas, born and raised-it's a whole other country (so I'm told). I'll have an accent, too so no worries! :P I'm looking forward to meeting you. I love your creations and hope that some of your talent will rub off on me at ScrapEtc!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna! So looking forward to your class! I'm Tammy and I live here in Nashville. I attended the first Scrap Etc. event and it made quite an impact on me, so I'm natuurally looking forward to this one as well! I live right near the event site so I will just stay at home each night...save a little moolah for some sweet purchases! I must admit, I am feeling a little overwhelmed with the work the teachers have been giving us but am working on it when I can. I am not much of as computer person so that is another strike against me in that department! I promise to put you in the favorites as you suggested, so I can check and try to keep up with your homework...no, that word doesn't frighten me as I enjoyed homework even when I was in school, but it's just getting to the computer to get the assignment and getting it done! Looking forward to the event!

nicky said...

Hi my name is Nicky and I am super excited to going to this event. It is going to be so much fun.

melita said...

Hi Wilna! So glad to see your blog! Can't wait until April! I am Melita from CA and you can find me on the Scrap Etc. mb as ca longhorn. Can't wait to meet you!

Grace said...

I have never been so excited to do homework! LOL! Looking forward to seeing what all of you have been working so hard on to teach us. I will not get any "sleeps" the week before too exciting. I am from NY and there are some scrap stores far away from me but nothing near the city so can not wait to take these classes and also shop! Hugs Grace

Patricia Roebuck said...

Hi, Wilna!!! I was so excited to see your picture on the email this month!! When I registered, I didn't know who you were and had never heard of SISTV, so I'm so excited you are a teacher at the event!!! Thanks for all of your hard work in making this fun for us!!!

Deanna said...

Hi Wilna! I'm Deanna, and I live in TN. I grew up in Alabama, and still have family there, so I visit them and Scrap Etc. as often as possible! I'm REALLY looking forward to your class. And let me say ahead of time how much I REALLY appreciate all the hours of hard work you put in to doing this class for us! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I know that it'll be great! looking forward to meeting you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna,
My excitement is building! I am Jill from Louisiana and in the middle of trying to complete and start homework assignments. I missed the event last year, but definitely could not miss it this year! I am looking forward to meeting you and catching your enthusiasm about journaling. See you in Nashville.

Vicki said...

This just makes it even more exciting!!
Hmmm my dog ate my homework???? guess I better not try that one huh? can't wait to see what you have for us!

Jane Turner said...

Wilna,
We already have a donkey living next door to us, so I won't be needing another one. I do need any and all information about creating my own scrapbook/lifebook and am very excited about the event.
Jane t.

binkylou said...

Hello Wilna,
My name is Laura and I live Brunswick, GA. This will be my third ScrapEtc event. Each year has been so inspiring. I look forward to meeting you in April.

Laura

Joy Tracey said...

This is fantastic- I love the blog concept for your class - all info in one place with examples...it's like a dream come true! Can't wait til Scrap Etc. and meeting you!

Kristin said...

Hey there fellow scrapper... I can not begin to tell you how excited I am to come all the way from NEW YORK to this awesome event!! Thanks for the homework!! Believe it or not I am enjoying it.. Me and my sister Kacey brought the camera with us to Target today to take pictures of us shopping!LOL Kristin Bruno

Samantha, Jonathan & Ella said...

Hi Wilna! I am SO excited for the event and your class! I can't wait to meet you in person!

Samantha Weaver

susan opel said...

Hi, Wilna!

My sister Beth and I met you at the SIStv Reception in Chicago. Not sure if you remember me. I was feeling ill that day and not my usual perky self.

Looking forward to what the SE Event will bring! Yay!

Nat said...

Hello! The only Donkey that I would be interested in is Donkey from Shrek - he is my favorite!

And technically, it isn't 4 months - it is 3 months, 1 week and a few days (not sure on the exact number of days)...

so, we will be having some FuN in Nashville before you know it.

Karen said...

My Name is Karen Raffone from New Jersey and I am soo excited to see what you have planned! I love the idea of a teacher blog just for the event! Don't be nervous about all of us because we are all there to learn from u!!

kathy said...

wow......guess i'm the lucky 50!!!!! yep...i'm 50 in posts......and some other things!!!!

can't wait to meet you and all the other instructors.....this is gonna ROCK!!!!!! such fun!!!!

looking forward to april,
kathy & jose'

Unknown said...

Hi Wilna:

I always wondered how to pronounce your name, so thanks for the clarification. I have enjoyed looking at your layouts in CK, etc, these past few years, so I am anxiously awaiting more info on our SE project!!
michelleB

Mrs. Spotts said...

Hi Wilna! So fun to read what you have in store for us...though it is very vauge! I am sooooo excited for this event! I am also a bit nervous since I will not no anyone. But everyone seems quite welcoming and just to meet the teachers sounds like an experience so I can't wait!
Lorrie

Shannon said...

Hi

First time for me to travel for a scrapbook event...coming from AZ - can hardly wait. Looking forward to all you have to offer.

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna! I'm Lynn from North Carolina (furrball on the message boards). I'm coming all alone and am scared and excited and nervous and just can hardly wait.
I'm ready for some homework so bring it on.
Looking forward to meeting you in April.

Lynn

Mandy said...

Hi Wilna! I'm Mandy from Alabama. This is my first "big" scrapbook event and I'm so excited. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Nicole. My friend Rhonda and I can not wait for TN!! C-u there!

Nicole

Laura Lan said...

Hi Wilna - I agree - it is so much fun to see the HW all come together at the event. Can't wait for April.

erin said...

hello wilna,
i'm erin from cali, i've seen your work all over most recently on SIStv and i LOVe your style, so i'm really excited to get to go to this event and to take your class!

cheers&blessings,
erin

Chere said...

hello wilna, okay here goes. i am a scrak addict. i live and breath scrapbooking. it has been a life saver for me. i started two years before my son graduated from high school and it has helped me through the empty nest. of course my son and husband love to sing their song to me. words changed from the neil young song "motorcycle mama". their version is scrapbook mama don't you lay your scrapbook down. you always get in trouble when you bring it around. scrapbook don't lay it down. okay you get the idea. i'm not a big blogger but i will try to remember to check the site. we are counting down the days until the "event". see you soon, chere

Unknown said...

My name is Patricia H and I am looking forward to seeing you soon. This sounds like a fun event.

Ashley Beth said...

Hi Wilna...have always admired your work, and I'm excited to attend your class! My friend, Charlotte, and I are from Baton Rouge, LA and have attended the Scrap Etc. event every year. This year, we're meeting up with another dear friend, Amy, from Louisville, KY! We're so excited!

leeann said...

Wilna,
Hi! I'm Lee Ann from Maryland. This will be my first(but definitely not my last) Srapetc event! I am really looking forward to meeting you and taking your class! I love your blog. I started reading it from the link on the Scrapetc blog. Can't wait to meet you in person. I'm really looking foward to your Valentine class and the kit!!!

Mimi said...

Hi Wilna, my name is Michelle and I am too from Canada; Ottawa. Where are you from. This is my first scrap etc. event and I am looking forward to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Really looking forward to the Event and all that is in store for everyone. Homework.....we are ready.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm from the fabulous Florida Keys and am really excited to meet you in Nashville and see what wonderful ideas you have to share with us. Gay Ann

Carolyn said...

I'm in Vero Beach, Florida, about 50 miles North of Palm Beach. Looking forward to meeting you in Nashville, been to SA and will love your accent.

Anonymous said...

I love that you will be at Scrap Etc! I love you on SIStv and felt so inspired after your last webisode. I am so excited for April! My best girlfriend in the world whom I moved away from 2 1/2 years ago is flying in to go with me....all the way from California!
Jill Barrett
Hendersonville TN

Anonymous said...

Hey Wilna! My name is Amanda and I am from Austin, Texas. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us! See ya in April!

Barb said...

Wilna--Can't wait to meet you in Nashville....I'm attending with my mom and friends.....I live near St Louis, MO and am putting this on my favorites....more to read! need time...time...

Wanda said...

Well, I will add my comment to the huge pile of other comments, most of which I didn't get around to reading, but hope to one day!

I'm Wanda Pearcy, and this will be my first ever scrapbook event to attend. I am extremely excited, to say the least.

Anonymous said...

As usual I'm late jumping in here but you know what they say...better late than never lol...I'm SO looking forward to this event, can't wait to see what you have coming for us! Sher B., Webster, NY

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Hi, Wilna! I'm from Michigan and this will be my first Scrap Etc event--I can't wait. We'll see if I am the only "Twila" at the event. You and I can share the name challenge! It will be fun to see your creative process and to get a bit into your world as an artist. I love your work and am excited to be challenged to expand my own pages. Hugs!

Twila

Jeannie said...

Hi Wilna,

My name is Jeannie and I'm from Illinois - this is my first SE event! So looking forward to meeting you and taking your class in April. Can't wait to see what your project is going to be. When you let us know about the homework, please include the size of the photos we should plan to bring.

Jeannie

Jess said...

Hey! I'm Jess and I can't wait until this workshop! I had to take a break from scrappin' so that I could finish school and move. It's been crazy!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Savanna and I am, along with my mother-in-law are coming to the event. We can't wait to see what all it holds. I am sure it will be very exciting!!

Karen C said...

I'm Karen C in Houston, Texas. I'm excited to come to SE08. I know I'm too late for the poll, but I love little projects -- mini-albums, alterables, etc. the best.

Tina Mayo said...

hello, My name is Tina & I will be attending with my sister Stephanie. We live here in Nashville,Tn. We are getting so excited about the event--but I need to do some catching up on my homework.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wima!
My name is Karen and I'm from NJ.
I will be attending with some rowdy fun girls from Staen Island NY. So brace yourself for some fun!!!
Soo ecited for your class!

Anonymous said...

Love your music playlists! I made a cd for my cousin that lost her daughter a few years ago. Christian music gets her through her days.
I actually love scrapping to it!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Karen

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with. I guess I missed the poll, that is what I get for trying to catch up with my homework today.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Kathy from Atlanta and I am so excited. I have only been scrapin for less than a year. This is my first ever scrappin event. See youin April!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the event!
Jeanne K from Illinois

Laura said...

Hi Wilna. I am getting so excited about this event. The only other things I have attended are a CKC convention and I think this event will far exceed that. Can't believe it's only 3 weeks away!! BTW- my name is Laura Bruynell and I am from NJ. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

I realized that Scrap Etc. is only 2 weeks away - tomorrow!!! I just had to do something besides work, so I have been enjoying reading these comments from ladies that will be attending. It will great to meet so many from so many different places - all sharing the same love of SCRAPBOOKING. Love your blog, Wilna.

Betty Johnson from north carolina