Thursday, March 27, 2008

All you need to know...




The music is by a South African Artist, Theuns Jordaan. I seriously puffy heart him!
Also, post your questions here!

********


NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!
the homework is NOT compulsory! (hee-hee)
But
YES! YES! YES! bring the templates (2 of them) and your pictures to class. (and a extra template for those who didn't get the message)
and
YAY! YAY! YAY! for awesome prizes if you leave a comment!


Question 1: OK, so this time I have a question - you list a zip lock bag on the supply list...what size? Thanks! Sher B.
Answer: Just a small one... like a sandwich size. It's for you to put your dirty paintbrush away.

Question 2: What size do I need to print the template out on?
Answer: Print the templates out on a letter size (8.5 x11)

Love
wilna
x

92 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna ! I am so excited about your class at the event. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.
LeAnne Noble, Alabaster, AL

Debi said...

Hi Wilna! I'm actually ready for your class (and I have an extra template done too, LOL). I really wondered about silhouetting my pics, but they turned out great. My question is what music where you playing in the background of your video?
Deborah Clark, Bern, ID

Heidi Cocca said...

Hi Wilna -- I just watched the video & you've gotten me even more excited about this event. Thanks for all of the hard work that you've put into this class for us!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video, Wilna! I can't wait to meet you, and participate in the class -- it looks so fun! The video helped to clarify my questions, and now, more than ever, I can't wait! Only 3 weeks!!!

kathy said...

looked over all the stuff on your blog at bedtime last night................the video wasn't posted then...........love the looks of everything.............can't wait to play with you.

do you run with scissors???? and are you bringing your beautiful baby girls with you???

kathy & jose'

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video Wilna! It is so good to see you! :) I promise no to make fun of your English if you promise not to make fun of my Texas accent :)!!!

Amanda B

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna,

I love how you speak slowly. I can tell you're a kidder, too. I will definitely bring pictures to your class. Can't wait to meet you.

Linh Chin-Lai, Birmingha, AL

Anonymous said...

I watched the video-love the accent.
I made an extra template so I can save the day for someone.

Laura said...

Not sure which blog I was supposed to comment on- here or Scrap Etc. so I did both. Can't wait to take your class Wilna.:)

Kath W said...

I was just coming over to ask the name of the artist from your video, ty!

Looking forward to your class, can't wait to see what your project is!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wilna~ The girls and I are getiing psyched for class and can't wait to leave this cold chicago weather and head south for a few days! It's going to be GREAT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WHOOO HOOOO Girl~ I printed and cut out extra's for my slacker friends! lol
I'm ready!

Stephanie said...

Looks Great Wilna...Cant wait to meet you !!

Anonymous said...

This blog rocks! Thanks for an incredible video. I have never met you, and I already love you and cannot wait to take this class. You just made me SO EXCITED to take your class!
Kristi Sikora-Blankenship

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about your class, it looks like it will be lots of fun and make a great Mother's Day gift. Can't wait to meet you.

Anonymous said...

The video was a great idea. Can't wait to work on your project. See you in a few weeks! - Jenn Holevoet

Deanna said...

Wilna! Thank you so much for putting so much time and effort into your class! I'm sooo excited about it, and I can't wait! Thank you for the youtube video too! It helped a lot! Now I need to get that homework done! :D
Deanna Misner

Amy Nabors said...

how funny that you posted who the music was by. i was going to post and ask. and i love your accent! can't wait for your class. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna, Great video! I am so looking forward to this event.
Meg
Calgary,AB

Anonymous said...

Hello Wilna, so excited about your class, I finished all my notes and I hope my silhouette pictures...looking for this great project.

have a superbe weekend :)

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about this class. Try to get my notes finished today and now I understand the pictures, after seeing your video...thanks

betty johnson

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the video with explanation. Looking forward to the class

CindyML

CindyML said...

Now I am a google/blogger!
Very excited for ScrapEtc. and all the fun. Looking forward to your class and what we are going to do with all these templates. Thanks! CindyML

Jeanne Ann said...

I am super excited about your class. The idea took some time to brew, but I now have pictures completed and have been working on the journaling. I even have 2 of the templates cut and ready to go. Can't wait to meet you in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Wilna, I'm so excited to meet you in 3 weeks! I've printed out and cut out everything but that's as far as I've gotten......journaling is always a struggle for me.
Thank you for all the work you have put into this class for us!

Nancy Lynk
Portland,OR

HoweverAlthough said...

Hi Wilna!
I just watched the video. You are a DOLL! Seriously, you could read the phone book at the event and I would just sit there and listen and love every minute of it. You are ADORABLE.
OK, sorry...
Just wanted to thank you for putting so much time and effort into this class. I'm really looking forward to it, and yes, I will bring extra for the slackers. ;) And I will bring pictures. One person per picture.
Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet you and see what you have in store for us. Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for all the work you have put into this class and I love the accent.

See you in a few weeks.

Kathy

Stephanie said...

I took a moment to look at your work, It is simply amazing !!! There are so many ideas that I would love to do !! You are very talented !!!

Anonymous said...

I am REALLY looking forward to your class (I may just sit and listen to your wonderful accent)...but I have to admit, I'm coming to class with blank templates...alas, I am one of those people who needs the inspiration of the project to do my journaling and I want to see it before I do the embellishing of the journaling shapes. Bad, I know, but I did print out and cut out the templates, part of its better than none - right??? xoxo, Sher

Anonymous said...

Wilna!1
I am so excited about your class!
I can't wait to meet you!! I am VERY MUCH into card making and you are soooo creative!! I am going to learn so much from you!!
Thanks,.
Anissa Phillips

Patricia Roebuck said...

Hi, Wilna! I actually have done all the homework, just need to cut the photos!! I loved the journaling exercise and can't wait to see what we do in class. I also have my extra template!!! Patricia Roebuck from Louisiana

Anonymous said...

OK, so this time I have a question - you list a zip lock bag on the supply list...what size? Thanks! Sher B.

Laura said...

thank you for the complete, clear and creative instructions :) you've made it easy and FUN!!!!! Thank you. -laura c

Anonymous said...

I love your movie! Thanks for taking the time to help everyone. Can't wait to meet you...

Linda.B said...

Wilna,

I am so excited about the event and your class. I am having trouble journaling but am working on it.

I am looking forward to this so much!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into planning this class for us Wilna! I am excited to see what you have in store for us and can't wait to see the yummy project you have planned. ;)
Jennifer Ruhl, Atlanta, GA

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna:

So looking forward to taking your class and meeting you.
Suzy G. Avon, CT

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I'm so excited about Scrap Etc- Your video was very helpful and now I'm even more excited! I'm printing out the templates as I'm typing.

bonnie R. said...

Wilna I am sooo excited for your class! I think you are so adorable!What a great Video!

LET said...

I want yummy Prizes! I can't wait to see the project.

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun!!!!!!!!!

Heatherbell said...

How DO you get a donkey for a good price?

Anonymous said...

I loved your video and now I can't wait for our class!
Laura R

Anonymous said...

Wilna,

What a wonderful idea to get us pumped up with a little info video. I think your English is fabulous and I can't imagine any of us laughing at misplaced R's.
I started printing out my pictures last night......and Woo Hoo....I already had the journaling done and the envelope cut out.

Can't wait to hit Nashville in a couple of weeks and start your awesome project.

Mary Mitchell
Battle Creek, MI

Anonymous said...

wilna...
thanks for your hard work.
now time for me to do some homework.
catherine feegel-erhardt

Debbie H said...

Wilna, I finally watched your video, and I am feeling much more at ease now. I printed my pictures, and I will cut them tonight. I am very curious to see what we will be doing in your class. Thanks for all your hard work and getting us ready ahead of time!

Deb H
Alvaton, KY

Anonymous said...

HI! i can't wait to meet you and scrap with you! I am sooo enjoying your music! Thanks for the video! I will get busy preparing for your class now! Thanks for exciting me about this fun adventure in scrapbooking!
Denise from New Orleans

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about the event! Thanks for the little video! You are just too cute!

Jill said...

I watched the video, I've done my homework and I'm really looking forward to your class!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wilna,
finally I'll be not the only person with a funny accent at the event...LOL : ))) Looking forward to your class,
Nicole Barth from St.Augustine/Florida

Anonymous said...

hi! thanks for the wonderful video!!

I have a question about the photos: should I cut my photos completely out as silhouettes or leave them as small rectangles (3.5 x2)? thanks!!

can't wait to meet you & everyone else- so exciting!

Unknown said...

CUT THEM OUT!!

: )

Wilna
x

Nat said...

I'm getting excited!!! Natalie from Georgia

Unknown said...

getting ready to print all my stuff now -- and if i can figure out the photos like you do, i would be UBER happy, but i will be happy just to have them printed!! only TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy said...

The video is terrific! Can't wait for the event - your class looks like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna!
I can't wait to see your project it looks like it is going to be fun! I think the video was a great idea. See you in a few weeks!
Pam Dean
Columbus, Ohio

Anonymous said...

Cute video you made for us! Can't wait to meet you. The class should be so fun!

Twila Bennett

Unknown said...

Wilna, hello from Alabama!! I am so looking forward to your class and meeting you. Now I've just got to get busy creating my homework :-)

Patty McAnally
Decatur, Alabama

Chere said...

After watching the video I can't wait. My group is so looking forward to the trip to Nashville. Days of scrapping. See you soon.
Chere

Anonymous said...

Okay, I think I finally understand what we need to do. Thank you for the video and gallery that really helped.
I do have one more question, I just printed everything out and the pages seem very small. I just measured an they are approx 4.5x5 inches before they are folded, is that right? Can't wait to meet you, Wendy A

Anonymous said...

Wilna,
I love your accent and I can't wait to be in your class. Your instructions aand photos are great.
Marsha G

Wanda said...

That was cute and fun! I have SOME of my stuff ready, but not ALL! Guess I better get my big butt in gear!

This will be my first scrap event EVER! I'm excited and kind of nervous.

Heidi Stork said...

Get it, got it, good to go! I just have to GO and get the homework done now...eek!

See you there!
Heidi Stork

scrapgoddess said...

Loved your video! Thanks for the great instructions! Can't wait for you to teach us how to buy a donkey! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi wilna!
i can't wait for your class! it will be great to create with you!
Denise from New Orleans,LA

Cyndi said...

Working on my homework now. :) I am really excited to finish the project. Thanks for you hard work in putting it together!

pta4him said...

I've got my templates done - now to find the right pictures!
Kerry from Florence, AL
.

Judyann said...

Hi Wilna,

I'm very excited to see the project. Have a great next few days getting everything ready for the Scrap Etc. event

Anonymous said...

Working on my homework right now. Had to check & see if I was doing it right! Can't wait to meet you in person.

Laura

Anonymous said...

I'm so looking forward to your class & the event. Thanks for the video help!

Jeanne K

tina said...

Yay! Only 10 days until the big event! Love your video, the credits at the end are so fun and I hardly noticed your accent. :)

Tina

Lisa H said...

Yeah! Homework is finally done. I am so excited for this event to get here.

Lisa H.
Knoxville

Anonymous said...

I seriously puffy heart your video. Can't wait!!!!
Karen Brannon
Tallahassee, FL

Anonymous said...

wilna, your accent is so cute. I'm looking forward to the event and your project.
Debbie Boren, Trussville, AL

a5mac said...

Cant wait to take your class. It looks really fun! Thanks for all your hard work! Laura McNeal, Huntsville, AL

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna!
The video is great! Thanks for all of your hard work. I can't wait for your class and I can't wait to meet you! Your accent is so cute!
See you at the event!

Lynn J.
Andersonville. TN

Joy Tracey said...

Aren't you the cutest thing??? I loved your video and it made everything so clear! I am really looking forward to your class and can't wait to meet you! Tata for now! Joy Tracey

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great video; it just put all of the words together for my confused brain. Thanks for doing it, you are adorable and I can't wait to be in a room creating away! Until then, Tashia

Anonymous said...

Are you supposed to print the little tags on Card stock or paper Linda Templin From Bellingham, Washington

melita said...

Your voice is soooo soothing Wilna! Love it! Now to get the homework together! Eek...about 1 week away!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna...i was a bit overwhelmed at first after trying to read through the homework links to see what I needed to do for your class. After watching your video, I felt encouraged...this is something I can hopefully finish in the next few days and have ready for your class. (yes, I'm guilty of cramming in some last minute homework!)

Kimmie Lee
San Anselmo, CA

Anonymous said...

Just printed out the templates and they have me very excited about your class! Love the watercolor style. Can't wait!
Mendy Atchley

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna!
I am impressed with how organized you are! All your hard work is very appreciated! See you soon.
Lois Douglass

Jessica Turner said...

Hi Wilna - I am planning on making this project for my Mom, but I am not clear who I should include for photos - her? me? my sister? my dad? her mom? What makes sense, or what were you envisioning when you thought this would make a good Mother's day gift? I hope that makes sense. Can't wait to read your reply!

ConnieC said...

I'm just getting around to gathering all my supplies and doing my homework. I've been so busy lately, that I haven't had time to get excited about the event. I really need a vacation, so it's really starting to sink in that it's almost event time.
ConnieC

Andi said...

I'm so excited for your class! I have my templates done plus some extras. Now I just need to get those photos silhoutted.

Theresa said...

Looking forward to your class. I have templates. Can't wait to see you in action, and maybe some of your talent will rub off!

Jess said...

Love the pics of the project and the templates!! I can't wait to take the class!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna, I am so excited about your class. I love your work. Looking forward to meeting you. Less than one week.........WooHoo!
Donna R

Shannon said...

Great video - don't have the pictures but will definitely have the templates...can't wait to play...thanks so much for the video.

Shannon

Anonymous said...

I'm all ready now! Can't wait to seee what you have in store for your class! Just a few days to go :) Amy Steenwyk

Anonymous said...

Finally, listened to the message...am planning to print the templates and some extras in a few minutes. Thanks Bev Hodges